Friday, January 19, 2007

Fun with color correction

I've used Photoshop for 20 years and while I'm still far from being an expert, a small color correction can really improve a picture's quality. I did color correction on some photos for a friend's web site and thought it'd be fun to share a couple of the results. I'm sure I could easily sink another hour of work into each, but you can already see the difference after 10 minutes of tweaking.

Before color correction:



After color correction:


The ocean is still too green, but I'd have to mask her out to do a proper color correction, which is another 15-20 minutes.


Before color correction:



After color correction:



Doesn't it look like a thin grey veil has been peeled off the original? Few people really understand the value of color correction until they see results like this.

No comments: