Friday, September 08, 2006

Should I do a new blog?

I never thought I'd go to you all for advice, but so many of you are techno-geeks like me, so I thought I'd take a crack at it.

I'm getting ready to build a small internet business from the ground up, just something small in my spare time that could, over time, turn into something much larger. I had thought about blogging about each step in the process, which might be very informative to those attempting to do something similar, but I already post so much stuff on this blog that I don't want to oversaturate it with more gunk.

Because my internet business topic is so specialized, I also thought a dedicated blog about it might make for an interesting book after the business is running well (or not). A further reason to splinter this blog into its own site is that its topic is ideally suited for advertising. I've shied away from advertising on my personal blog, because... well, it's my personal blog. The only thing I might ever sell on my own blog are T-shirts saying "I support my local blogger." But a topic-centered blog about starting a business? I see no reason why I can't turn a profit through advertising.

Gabrito, I need your sage advice. And for all my readers, I'd really like to hear your take on it. Obviously, anyone else out there who professionally blogs, or runs their own internet business... I would love to hear your feedback!

No comments: