Thursday, February 05, 2009

+23.6 (∆ -0.8)

There's only one fast food place I love to go to, and that's Chipotle. I've always been a sucker for burritos and this week, I decided I was going to indulge. First order of business: I needed to make an informed decision.

A couple of years ago, I used to love getting Chipotle's Carnitas Burrito. Like anyone, I already know pork is really bad for me, but I still enjoy a splurge once in a while. This is what I used to order at Chipotle:

  • 13" Tortilla
  • Rice
  • Black Beans
  • Carnitas
  • Corn Salsa
  • Cheese
  • Sour Cream
  • Guacamole
  • Lettuce
  • Chips

Yummy, yummy. Keep in mind that 2000 calories is the recommended daily calorie intake, and then take a look at what I was actually having... in one meal:


Yikes. I had no idea my "splurge" was quite that bad. Fortunately, I never had a Carnitas Burritos that often and I've since noticed that their Veggie Burrito really doesn't taste so different from a Carnitas Burrito that I can't switch to a Veggie Burrito permanently. So here's what I ordered instead:
  • 13" Tortilla
  • Rice
  • Black Beans
  • Carnitas
  • Tomato Salsa (in place of Corn Salsa)
  • Corn Salsa
  • Cheese
  • Sour Cream
  • Guacamole
  • Lettuce
  • Chips


While the fat and the sodium values are still absurdly high, that's an acceptable price to pay for a single outing of fast food. Since my dinners are usually around 950 calories anyway, I actually ordered under my calorie budget for dinner. And those burritos are so damned filling that I easily came under budget for the day.

The Nutrition Facts labels were generated dynamically courtesy of Chipotle Fan. They're fun, too—try them out.

No comments: